It is a hard truth to know that you or someone you loved is suffering from diabetes. It is a moment that changes life. Keeping the level of blood sugar in control is must for keeping diabetes under control. The most important aspect of treating diabetes and controlling the level of blood sugar is to make smarter and healthier choices.
If you are in search of a best diabetic plan then here you’ll find 10 healthiest foods for controlling the signs of diabetes and making a perfect diabetic meal plan.
1) Apples: It is famous that diabetics are told not to eat white foods but apples are the exception. They aid to lessen the insulin need of the body. It contains pectin which assists the body in detoxification. This detoxification function had made apple one of the healthiest foods for diabetics.
2) Pomegranate: Pomegranate is a fruit which is largely consumed in Caucasus, Balkans and Middle East. This fruit recently became popular in North America. One of the reasons of its popularity is that it does not affect the level of blood sugar. A study has shown that diabetics who daily consume 6 oz of pomegranate juice are at lower risk of atherosclerosis.
3) Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an amazing spice for diabetics. It carries MHCP which aids the fat cell to response more effectively to insulin; thus reducing the level of blood sugar.
4) Garlic: Garlic is another food for diabetic which gives a positive impact on diabetes control. It can lower the blood sugar level measurably.
5) Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a carbohydrate. It is one of the best carbohydrates a person can eat. Oatmeal is high in fiber and get digested slowly. It does not raise the level of blood sugar.
7) Green Beans
These three vegetables have low carbohydrate and plenty of fiber content. This fiber content make these vegetables excellent choice for diabetics.
Diabetics must make sure that their diet comprises of 12 – 20 % proteins. It is also good to take a bedtime snack in the form of protein so that blood sugar level remains constant throughout the night. The best protein choices are poultry, nuts, soy and fish.